Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy-ish New Year

Well, we spent the entire period from Christmas to today being sick, including Jack's first real illness. It seems like we spent our entire break in bed - nothing was accomplished around the house at all, no real organization like we'd hoped for the New Year. Jack had us very scared for a while. He ran a fever just one day, but has had an awful cough for a week now. We spent hours in the bathroom in the tub or with the shower running for steam to clear up Jack, the vaporizer running all day, and nothing helped.

I suspect we picked up something at Disney and I think our immune systems were just down during the holiday shopping season. Despite our best efforts to obsessively wash hands and stay away from germs, I think we got clobbered with something.

I was so out of it, I had my days all mixed up and missed out on some great family gatherings, too (not that we were well enough to go, but it's such a bummer!) I wish I could get a do-over on the whole week! But, Daddy's back at work today and we're all just starting to come out of the fog. I'm hoping that's the end of Jack's sick, sleepless nights and that this lingering cough will continue to fade. He's 5 months now, so I'll have to get a new picture up here very soon.

Happy New Year to you all!

No comments:

I spy

Search

Google
 

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed