Thursday, January 04, 2007

Off the charts!

Still sick at our house - Tuesday night Jack didn't sleep, and I mean the WHOLE night - he just cried and it was a horrible, shrill cry so I knew something was wrong. John took him in the bathroom for steam therapy, which helped a little, but John's cough was so bad that he just sat out in the living room in hopes that Jack could actually sleep. No such luck.

We broke down and took him to the doctor yesterday because it was now interfering with eating and sleeping (he wouldn't nurse while laying on his left side, so I suspected an ear infection - we treated him at home with Chamomilla and tylenol, but he was still so miserable). Sure enough he's got a raging ear infection on his left side. They prescribed a high potency homeopathic remedy and he took it all day yesterday and just has one day left. I gave him motrin for the pain and inflammation last night before bed, as well as some robitussin, but he still woke up four times in the night. Although, not nearly as bad as the night before. The doctor also sent us home (upon John's request) with a prescription for antibiotics, but doesn't think that it's bacterial. It's just our backup since our doctor's office is in Webster and it's quite a trek. I suspect he'll do much better after today's remedy. As a reinforcement I put a couple drops of breastmilk in his ear. It is an old remedy I read about online last year when Jae had a terrible ear infection and we couldn't get into the doctor right away. She was crying and we could see how red the ear drum was. A few drops of breastmilk and she was 100% fine by morning. I couldn't believe how quickly (or effectively) it worked.

So, that's that. Oh - the title. Jack is WAY off the charts for growth now. He is officially 28 inches (yes, that's 7 inches he's grown in five months!) and 19 pounds, 3 ounces!! He's almost outgrown his 6-12month Gymboree and is out of his 6 month carters stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of all of the illnesses at your home. I have been out of work for the last two days with a fever and cold, too. I can't even imagine trying to take care of anyone else! I was miserable. I'm sure we passed something around at Christmas. I hope things are better! I want a 'do-over' for New Year's Eve myself! lol

I spy

Search

Google
 

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed