Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Nesting, Nesting, Nesting....never resting...

So much to do, so little time. Although the days are creeping by at a snail's pace, it seems that there isn't enough time in the day or enough days in the week to accomplish everything on my growing list.

A big part of my nesting has been mentally preparing meals (and ideas) for the coming months. Last week we went to the bakery and got 18 bagels, which are sliced and frozen individually downstairs - blueberry and chocolate chip for the kids (and the big kid!), multigrain and asiago for me. Yesterday I baked six loaves of quick breads for easy breakfasts and snacks, so those are in the freezer as well.

I've looked into Meal Makers (one of those make-ahead meal places) but for $18-$24 an entree, I think I can do it much better (and healthier) myself. If only I had the time and energy to do so. I did manage to start soaking some navy beans today for White Bean Chicken Chili, and we'll freeze that. But it will be hot - so I don't think we'll be wanting soups and stews. If only I could make fruit salad and pasta salad ahead of time. That sounds wonderful right now!

3 weeks until we meet our boy!

No comments:

I spy

Search

Google
 

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed