Friday, January 02, 2009

Jumping Jacks

I admit that sometimes, at the end of the day, my kids don't know what to do with their own energy. So, in a gesture of kindness, they share that energy with others by resting their hands oh so carefully upon their sisters' heads, legs, arms, etc.

And, by carefully, I mean not carefully.

And, by resting, I mean smacking.

Hard.

When they get to the point where they simply cannot resist full throttle running toward someone, doing a body slam into their legs, and then smacking, there is a new consequence to their action.

Jumping Jacks.

Worry not, dear friends. I do not allow them to run across the room and attempt to leap over their brother (who, frankly, isn't much smaller than the two youngest girls).

Nope, this is good, old-fashioned, elementary school gym class calisthenics.

Always the homeschooler, I one up myself and make them count aloud as they do a hundred in the living room. Tonight's Fonda-ettes were PJ and the littler mouthy one. It went something like this:

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten...

eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, seventeen, eighteen, twenty

twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four, twenty eight, thirty

thirty one, thirty two, thirty three, thirty eiiiiiight...

eighty.

Clearly, we need to work more with these two.

No comments:

I spy

Search

Google
 

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed